Enrolment and School Zone

When can I enrol my child?

You can enrol your child at any time by visiting our office or emailing our admin team (office@greytown.school.nz) who can contact you with further information.  Children can enrol on the day, however, we actively encourage all our parents/caregivers to do this in advance so we can make well thought out decisions on your child’s class and teacher. 

Parents/caregivers can pre-enrol their child/ren that may not be turning 5 for another year or more (if you know that Greytown is your long term home).  This is particularly helpful for setting up school visits ahead of time and we actively encourage this as we can make decisions about class structures, teachers and ensure class sizes are at an optimum level (especially for the start of each term or new year).

Is Greytown School zoned?

Yes, Greytown School is zoned and children enrolling need to live within this area in order to be accepted.  Children within our zone can be automatically given enrolment into our school.  To find out more about our zone please check out the zone link.

Can I enrol if I am out of zone?  

The only children we take out of zone are a very small number of out of zone siblings of current children enrolled in our school.  Their parents have written to the Board and requested special consideration for this to happen. 

How can I check that we live within the zone?

Our zone is

  • Within Greytown
  • Between the Waiohine River and the Humphries St, Woodside Rd
  • West of the railway line between the Waiohine and Tauherenikau Rivers
  • On State Highway 2 south of Greytown to emergency number 2034
  • Within 1.6Km of the Battersea Bus route which travels the Greytown to  Martinborough Road, Battersea Rd, Wards Line, Fabians Rd, & Papawai Rd
  • In the Papawai area to the Ruamahanga river
  • State Highway 2 from south of the Waiohine river to Greytown

Click here to see the enrolment zone (please search for Facility Name: Greytown School)

What identification and information do I need to bring?

As part of the enrolment process, it is compulsory that a copy of your child’s birth certificate is produced as evidence of their age. Evidence of immunisation will also be requested.

We will also ask you for proof of address for in zone families.  Proof of address can be the following:

  • Utility bill (less than 3 months old) – Eg – power or internet
  • Rental agreement or sale and purchase agreeement

For all other new enrolments, parents will be asked to fill out an enrolment form at the office either on or before the first day of attendance.

If you wish information to be sent to you please contact us with:
Child’s name:
Parents names:

To keep up to date with school events and news we suggest you signup to our newsletter under the Contact Us Tab when you enrol and download the Skool Loop app to keep up to date with school activities.

Online Enrolment Form

Enrolment Form