Why Choose Us?…Why not!
We strive towards being the BEST that we can be and to have FUN while we do it…and we are achieving it!
Greytown School has a friendly and family culture where everyone (children, parents and our wider community) feels welcome and excited to be a part of our school learning team.
We have a proud tradition of highly successful education and great children; and we know that this will continue and strengthen in the future.
Our children achieve to a high standard both in and out of the class by being positively challenged, inspired and supported. All our staff, BOT and school community encourage our children to dream big and achieve to the best of their ability. Once you walk into our classrooms, walk around our school or get involved in our daily school life you will soon understand why we are an outstanding school…and why you should be a part of it!
We are incredibly fortunate to have an amazing team of teachers whose talents and strengths vary in order to provide a wide range of learning experiences for our children. We take pride in building strong partnerships and relationships with our children and their families. Our staff work hard to ensure they are highly effective teachers that help to make our classroom programmes and wider school activities exciting, engaging, meaningful and powerful; so all our children can succeed. They are constantly looking at new research, programmes, innovations and ideas to provide the very best.
Our goal is to always make a difference in all our children’s lives; enabling them to become confident, well rounded and happy people that can achieve to their greatest potential!
Here are Greytown School children have a multitude of opportunities within The Arts, Enviroschool, EOTC, E-Learning and Sports programmes.
- Within The Arts our children have opportunities to participate in choir, Kapa Haka, our school band, visual arts programmes, productions, to learn different languages..etc.
- Within our Green-Gold Enviroschool programme children learn about how they can make a positive impact on and for their environment. This is achieved in a variety of ways through our classroom learning programmes and with children being involved in our envirogroups and action projects within our school and wider community.
- EOTC (Education Outside the Classroom). We have a multitude of camps for different age groups that create lifetime memories, however we believe in providing much more because EOTC is what makes “kiwi kids, KIWI KIDS!”. We are constantly planning opportunities for our children to get involved in our beautiful outdoors throughout the whole year. This may involve our children in skateboarding clubs, our traditional PET day events, caving, rafting, hiking, Beach Education, planting days, class trips etc…
- At Greytown School we have a strong belief that E-Learning is an important factor in enhancing children’s’ learning. We focus on e-tools that create new learning, purposeful engagement and opportunities for our children to demonstrate their learning in new ways. As a result our school has computers and devices in every classroom, access to a pod of forty laptops and our senior school has 1-1 laptops with access at home. These are all ably supported by our highly skilled staff in order to maximise learning and important life skills. We believe that e-learning helps teachers and children to extend and share their learning with their families and wider global community eg: Using a wide range of purposeful apps, sharing our learning on our Class blogs to family and friends near or far, reading e-books, researching work, accessing and learning from experts from anywhere in the world…etc We also know that e-learning can promote and help teach children valuable life skills of critical thinking, creativity, innovation and collaboration…just to name a few!
- Our Sporting activities enable all children to develop and follow their passions and interests in a multitude of sports codes eg: Basketball, Netball, Softball, Rugby, Hockey, Athletics and Soccer just to name a few! In providing for these opportunities we work in partnership with many of the Greytown Sports Clubs and Greytown Sports and Leisure to ensure our children can compete at high levels or give new sports a go.
Why choose us?…Why not!
If you want to know more or want to enrol…all you need to do is contact us.
You are welcome to join our learning team and Greytown School Family!
Come and experience the powerful and positive learning atmosphere that our school has to offer for yourself.
There is always something exciting to see and be a part of!